Rooting has always been a great part of tech lovers because they love doing new things with their newly owned gadget. As of today, Samsung has never launched such a beautiful and powerful smartphone especially in its Galaxy lineup. The arrival of the hottest Galaxy S5 put geeks to do something weird like rooting.
The G9005 is said to the international variant of the flagship phone and the Samsung Galaxy S5 rooting applies to this so far, not sure about other versions like G900.
Finally the root solution for this far-awaited product is out and ready for those who wish to try right now.
Things to note down before Samsung Galaxy S5 rooting;
- Make sure you’ve got the Samsung USB Drivers
- Disable antivirus software (if any) on your PC with Samsung KIES
- The S5 battery must above 60% before you start the rooting process
- Go to the developers option to enable USB debugging – you can enable the Developer options simply by tapping the Build Number (Setting > About Device) section 7 times.
Proceed only if you are well-versed with the technical knowledge and also have tried such procedures before.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting
Below is the procedure that helps in rooting the new Galaxy S5.
- Grab the CF-Auto-Root easily from here (Extract Zip file’s content and save on the desktop)
- Download Odin 3.09 from here
Here begins the real thing
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy S5 in the Download mode after switching it.
- Start Odin on your personal computer and connect the device with PC.
- Click AP button on the Odin menu and locate/identify the downloaded chainfire root tool through .tar.md5 extension.
- Hit the Start button to begin Samsung Galaxy S5 rooting
- Your phone will automatically reboot after the procedure ends
- Disconnect the handset from PC when you see Galaxy S5 boot logo on the display screen.
If your device is not booting into normal mode after rooting, then you might need to go for a factory reset. Switch off S5 > Recovery mode > tap factory reset / wipe data option > now confirm reboot the handset in the normal mode. That’s all for now and you are done!