Every mobile phone has an International Mobile Station Equipment Identity which is most commonly known as IMEI number. You must be thinking how it can be used to locate your lost cell phone. Well, all the cell phones have unique IMEI numbers that facilitate to find stolen phone with great ease.
Remember, you will never find an IMEI number similar to any other phone. This fantastic helpful tool helps in finding the region and current location of the smartphone. In this way, a person can easily find stolen phone without facing too many difficulties.
Android users must not be anxious if they have lost their precious handset. This is because they can easily block it with the help of an IMEI number. You can do this simply by contacting to your service provider and request to block your stolen phone. Give them IMEI number and they will do it for you and the privacy will be protected.
An IMEI is valid for UMTS, LTE and GSM mobile networks. The IMEI number can be checked from the following 4 four sources:
- Under your cell phonea??s battery: a sticker will be printed showing IMEI.
- Purchase bill contains IMEI number.
- Simply press *#06# and your device will show the IMEI.
- Check out the box of your mobile phone and find IMEI number.
How to find stolen phonea??s IMEI:
If your stolen phone was based on Googlea??s mobile operating system (Android), then you can easily find its IMEI number by going onto the Google dashboard.
- Move to Google Dashboard & sign in with same Google account that you had already entered in your lost phone.
- Hit the Android section and you will be presented with all the Android devices that you have previously connected with your Google account.
- This list can easily tell you the IMEI number of your device. You will be able to get some other details regarding registration and last activities.
We hope you that find these suggestions helpful in to find stolen phone.