People look up to update their smartphones so that they can benefit from the next level entertainment and usefulness. Geeks always keep on searching for some workable ways through which they can achieve the best of gadgets.
Now you can update Samsung Galaxy S3 to KitKat Android 4.4.2 based C-Rom custom firmware and it will not take you to follow any difficult procedure.
This is what S3 users must want more than anything else. This particular ROM is fast, steady, and reliable and build on AOSP sources. Holding the stock look, C-ROM helps you customize the Galaxy S3 on the hottest KitKat Android 4.4.2.
Before you go on to update Samsung Galaxy S3 to KitKat 4.4.2 I would like you to observe a few important features of this ROM.
C-RoM KitKat Android 4.4.2 features:
- Disable the keygaurd widget frame
- OmniSwitch added the icon pack support
- Moved Halo Icon to on the Status BAR (Can’t say anything for sure about whether it works on HDPI devices or not)
- Change the notification background from holo to lovely kitkat grey
- Launch the MSIM Setting when see the new card dialog
- In regards to frameworks, fix linked volume does not persist after the reboot.
- Port battery bar
- Fix ANR and navigation bar freeze
- Do not register methods when you get nothing to register
- Do not kill desired recent apps
- Fixe possible NPE+ & missing expandable pane improvement
- Fixed recent clear buttons colours
- Icon pack support for launcher 3
- Get rid of noise during boot
- Fix potential NPE inCallUI
Prerequisites to upgrade the S3 to Android KitKat:
- First you need to back up all the important data on your device so that you will not have to suffer from loss of any significant things.
- Remember to enable the USB debugging option which can be accessed from Settings > Development Options > and USB Debugging
- The Galaxy S3 T999 should be unlocked, rooted and installed with recovery tools like CWM or TWRP.
- Your smartphone must be at 60% of battery or more. This will help to continue the process without any obstacle.
This guide is actually focused on the T-Mobile variant of the Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. Therefore, prevent applying this guide to other Android phones or Samsung devices.
Now Update Samsung Galaxy S3 to KitKat 4.4.2 Android:
What you will need before starting the process: download the C-RoM Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware of the Galaxy S4 from here and then save it on the computer. Please do not extract the contents.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S3 to your PC through a USB cable and start copying the zip file to your smartphone’s SD card.
- Disconnect USB cord & power off your phone.
- Now boot this into recovery mode simply by pressing and holding down the Volume + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform an android backup of all the current OS: go to backup > back and restore on the ClockworkMod recovery.
- Now wipe data task from CWM recovery menu, choose wipe data / factory reset and then confirm the procedure. Now go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- Select install zip from SDcard followed by select zip from SDcard’. Now locate the C-RoM android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm flashing process. Remember this all is going to happen from the recovery menu.
- Return to main recovery menu and now reboot the T-Mobile galaxy s3 into new custom ROM. The first boot could take 5 minutes or so. Therefore, you need to be patient at that time.
How to restore:
Whenever you wish to return to the old OS on the Galaxy S3, simply boot into recovery, select back and restore and then restore your old ROM by choosing it from the list.