Most users must not be familiar with the ART which is an important aspect of the modern Android phones and tablets based on the hottest KitKat 4.4 version. Here we would like you to assist with this because it can play a significant role in letting you know about the device’s work in progress.
Here we are going to tell about the ART and what does it perform on an Android powered device.
What is ART?
ART is actually a newfangled Android runtime presented experimentally in the latest KitKat 4.4 devices. This shows the preview of all work in progress in this Android version. Mainly, it is ideal for getting partner feedback and early developer.
Please bear this in mind that the ART is not enabled by default, however, you can do this with a little effort.
Before we start, I would like to leave you with a little disclaimer enclosing that we are not responsible if anything happens against your expectations.
What is required before you start?
- First make sure that you have a device running Android 4.4 KitKat or above.
- This process is being done in accordance with the settings of LG Nexus 5. So there could be a little bit different if you are trying it on another one.
- This is a trial runtime so some of the applications might not go in its favor.
How to enable ART on Android 4.4 KitKat
Enable Developer Options
- Pull down the notification bar by swapping it down using your finger.
- On the top right, you will need to tap ‘Quick Settings’.
- Hit the Gear icon to get into Settings.
- Knock at the About Phone.
- Keep taping the Build Number until it states that you are a developer.
- Now tap back.
- Hit the Developer options that is shown just over the About Phone and switch them on.
Enable ART Runtime
- Hit the Select Runtime given in the Developer Options.
- Choose use ART
- Tap OK.
- Sit back until the device gets rebooted (this will take some time for the first time)
- Now start enjoying the faster device with blazing speeds.
This is how you enable ART on Android 4.4 KitKat devices.
Do write to us in the below comment section about your experience after getting this done. We will be waiting for your valuable feedback.